Monday, February 25, 2013

Rock Creek - Ruth Andre



"Rock Creek"
12x4 inches, oil-wax on canvas panel
by Ruth Andre
Today I worked on two small studies for color and composition. They may become larger works in the future. I continue to paint images of water. The creek is always changing and seemingly the same. I am finding the ways of the creek mirror my own life with its quick torrent rush to its quiet lingering. The day is quiet except for the rustling sounds of rushing water. It has been, "A Painting Day".

3 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

The blues, greens and brown are so nice together. It really does give the feeling that we are looking down into the water of the creek.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I love your stories about the creek. They are comforting and challenging too, like life.

Bruce B. Hancock said...

Another beautiful composition Ruth. I particularly like the elongated vertical canvas. Somehow it helps to define and describe the subject.