Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sandy Shore - Ruth Andre


"Sandy Shore"
16x16 inches, oil-wax on panel
by Ruth Andre

There is dark and there is light in this life and as time goes on some of the dark times get harder to understand. There has been a tragedy in my family. To quiet my sadness I looked to the  solace of painting. Late in the day I made my way to the studio. Knowing and understanding does not always answer the deeper questions of why things happen? Thankfully I have been able to hide away for
 "A Painting Day".

4 comments:

martinealison said...

j'espère que votre tristesse s'apaise peu à peu...
Je vous souhaite une très joyeuse Saint-Valentin... avec de gros bisous.

Debora L Stewart said...

This painting is beautiful and deep Ruth. I think one of your best.

shirley fachilla said...

I am so sorry, Ruth. Your painting, though somber, is beautiful.
I'm glad you could lose yourself for a time in your art.

Theresa Paden said...

I'm so sorry about the tragedy. You've created another beautiful painting.