Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cascading Oaks


While out painting with Julie Trail on Monday we headed down Stringbean Alley just outside of Amador City, California.  We decided to paint by the entrance to the Sutter Creek Gold Mine.  It was a cold morning with a heavy frost on the ground and 25-degrees.  Luckily the sun warmed the ground but since I was standing in a shady spot my toes and hands were cold.  I am wearing my Muck boots on the next outing.  The view was beautiful in every direction.  This little painting, "Cascading Oaks" was painted near the end of the session with me standing on one foot and then the other, trying my best to stay warm.  Seeing the muted colors of fall made for, "A Painting Day".

"Cascading Oaks" 4x4 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre


3 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

Braving the cold paid off because you created another beautiful painting! I love the thick texture and the colors are wonderful.

Julie said...

You find beauty in every corner of the landscape, Ruth! Love "Cascading Oaks!"

Virginia Floyd said...

Love your beautiful landscapes! Wonderful paint application.