Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Morning Watch & Moses Botkin Challenge


The Moses Botkin Challenge caught each of the 6 members wishing for more time to complete our paintings.  We all seem to be busy!  There are a lot of shows going and work being painted and shipped.  I too have my share of busy work that goes along with painting.  Have I said enough to give me a good excuse for not finishing my Challenge painting?  The image above is the beginning of my painting.  The rest is still to come so this is indeed a Work-In-Progress painting.  The Challenged title is "Wisdom" and I chose the hawk to symbolize the Innate Wisdom of Animals.  I do look forward to finishing this piece and once it is completed I will post another photo.  Thinking about wisdom has made for, "A Painting Day".  The Challenge group paintings are shown below.

"Morning Watch"  Work in Progress, 6x6 inches soon to be 6x12 inches





"Helping Hands"
10x8 inches, oil on panel ©2011


"Seek and You Will Find"
Original oil on hardboard 8x6 inches ©2011


"Wisdom"
 pastel on paper 3x4 inches ©2011


"Wisdom"
16x20-inches, oil on canvas ©2011

6 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

They are all great and it's fun to see all the different interpretations of wisdom. Your hawk looks very regal and wise indeed! We have a lot of them here where we live, and they are great fun to watch.

Theresa Paden said...

They are all great and it's fun to see all the different interpretations of wisdom. Your hawk looks very regal and wise indeed! We have a lot of them here where we live, and they are great fun to watch.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Your painting is lovely, Ruth, whatever the whole piece turns out to be. This stands on its own as an apt interpretation of our theme for this month's Challenge!

Linda Popple said...

Very handsome hawk! Great interpretation of the challenge - finished or not.

suzanneberry said...

majestic, wise and beautifully done ruth! just lovely!

J. Anthony Stubblefield said...

Ruth you amaze me. I can't believe how prolific you are at such a high level of quality. I am a little jealous.