Sunday, November 13, 2011

Oak Grove


Since Fall arrived I am feeling more and more like things have speeded WAY up.  Maybe you are in the same boat paddling as fast as you can?  There does not seem to be a minute that is not full of something that needs attention and OH YES, there is painting to be done as well.  I am heading out the door early Monday morning to meet up with Julie on the bridge in downtown Sutter Creek.  I am not a fan of painting and talking but I just cannot ignore someone that stops by to check out what I am painting.  Everyone has a story and they all seem intrigued with the idea of painting, especially out where everyone can see what your painting.  I am a shy painter but try my best to be friendly, listen and paint.  So on that note, tomorrow is, "A Painting Day".

"Oak Grove" 6x8-inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre



3 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

I love your plein air palette knife works! Can't wait to see what you will create tomorrow!

Theresa Paden said...

I love your plein air palette knife works! Can't wait to see what you will create tomorrow!

shirley fachilla said...

Your series of plein air palette-knifed oaks are so wonderful. Each one is more interesting than the last and they were very interesting to begin with!
I, too, am a shy painter; but it can be very encouraging to have passing strangers admire your efforts.