Sunday, November 27, 2011

Painting in My Backyard - Valley Oak


"Valley Oak" 5x5 inches, o/c by Ruth Andre

I hope you all have had a great holiday week-end and were able to enjoy family and friends.  The weather was good so I decided to head outside and paint in my own backyard.  My neighbors D & R were out for the day and offered me their hillside view to paint the rolling valley oaks.  


Here I am heading out of my driveway taking the easement  road to paint up the hill.


The road gets steep here and the view is gorgeous.  The grasses will be an emerald green in a few weeks.


Here is the view from my neighbor's front yard.  The sun was playing hide and seek but I decided to set up my easel and start painting.  It was good to get outside today and feel the cool air and be with the quiet of the landscape.  It was, "A Painting Day".



3 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

Great grays!

shirley fachilla said...

Such a beautiful and interesting little painting. And such a wonderful backyard.
I totally agree about the magnificent quiet that can come when painting landscape.

Theresa Paden said...

Beautiful painting and so fun to see where you live!