Friday, November 18, 2011

Down by the Creek


This has been a busy week but I managed to meet up with Julie Trail, my plein air buddy, and paint in Sutter Creek.  It was a bit brisk but we dressed for the occasion and had a good time painting the wilds just steps away from the downtown shops.


Here I am looking pretty round with my new apron and array of supplies.  You can see my painting subject,  the cluster of trees, behind me.  The trees were shedding their colorful leaves.  It was a wonderful fall day, "A Painting Day".

"Down by the Creek" 8x6-inches, o/c by Ruth Andre - SOLD

5 comments:

Bruce B. Hancock said...

I like this latest one a lot Ruth...

Ruth Andre said...

Thanks Bruce, I agree with your on this one. It has a lighter feel and the colors shine through. I do thank-you.

Julie said...

Your painting has a wonderful bright sunny day feel to it, Ruth! Just like those cottonwoods!

Theresa Paden said...

Wonderful colors and texture! So fun to see the photo of you out painting.

Susan said...

Love your exciting foray into these beautiful abstracted plein airs, Ruth! Lovely!