Monday, November 21, 2011

Paintings & Frames

When I send paintings to a gallery I have each painting framed.  I know you can paint on thick canvas covered stretcher bars but I always think paintings have a more finished look when framed.  I ordered a couple of new frames from Custom Tile Frames in Canada.  I was amazed with the beauty of the 1/4 sawn wood and the lovely finish.  The oak Arts & Craft frame came from an artisan, David Eklund, owner of Custom Tile Frames.  David has a beautiful portfolio of frames all available to order online.  The painting below, "Harbor Inlet" has a frame from Custom Tile Frames and I truly love its rich beauty.


My local framer, Jim Ginney in nearby Placerville, California also has a great inventory of frames and I was happily surprised at how the little landscape painting, "The Pond", was enhanced with this Asian influenced black frame.


Each painting has its own personality and style.  Finding the right frame to match and enhance the painting is very important.  Looking at frames has made me think of, "A Painting Day".

"Harbor Inlet" 6x8 inches, oil on canvas, framed - by Ruth Andre
This painting is going to the Segil Fine Art Gallery "Small Works Show" in Monrovia California.

Small Works Show
December 3-December 31, 2011
Reception:  Saturday December 3, 5-7 pm
110 West Lime Avenue
Monrovia, CA
626/358-5563

"The Pond" 6x6-inches, oil on canvas,  framed - by Ruth Andre -Available SOLD

2 comments:

shirley fachilla said...

These frames are lovely and I totally agree that the right frame can enhance a painting. It's sort of like wearing your best clothes to make the best impression.

Theresa Paden said...

The paintings are beautiful and you're right about the frames enhancing them.